We had so much fun creating this little DIY pool space for the kids. One thing we have learned through our transition to a one income family, is we don’t need the big fancy stuff to make our little people happy, we just need sweet memories.
To create your kids pool area, you are going to need just a few things
We blew up our pool first to make sure we had enough garden border for our over all goal. I will say, I wish I had doubled our little landscape area, but regardless it turned out so cute!
Once you have the pool taken care of, lay out your border, followed by lining the interior with trash bags. This will eliminate grass from growing in between your rocks.
Now, you are ready to lay rock. Unload all of your bags. There is no right or wrong way, simply fill the space to your desire.
Now, It is time for water! This is about the time our son was bouncing off the walls begging to get in!
Look how pretty! Grab yourself a cocktail, tell the kids to get their suits on and enjoy! Even if you do not have kids, this is a great way to cool off with your friends or spouse. I pretty sure the pool advertises as an adult backyard getaway!
Our son is officially glued!
- Blow up your pool and place it where you want it to stay
- Lay out the boarder in your desired shape
- Followed by lining the interior with trash bags. This will eliminate grass from growing in between your rocks.
- Fill the space between the boarder and pool with marble rock
- Fill the pool with water and enjoy!